Old 20-05-2007, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,rec.gardens
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default lining a whiskey barrel

On Sat, 19 May 2007 17:33:08 -0500, zxcvbob
wrote:

If I buy a half whiskey barrel at HD, Menard's, or Lowe's, will clear 6
mil plastic be good enough for lining it so it will hold water? I
assume it won't hold water without a liner even after the wood swells
up. I want to plant a lotus seedling in it. I'm too cheap to buy a
commercial barrel liner. Thanks.

Bob

I had a half wiskey barrel now for five years and it swells and does
not leak at all. This year I have two ponds for my lotus and
waterlillies so I have the wiskey barrel used for a nice container
planting using phormium, variegated vinca minor, esperanza and
variegated morning glories. I'll take photos when it's filled in.