Old 20-05-2007, 01:28 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default roundup in the yard and garden

"Carl 1 Lucky Texan" wrote in message
. ..
Bill Rose wrote:

In article ,
Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:

We may never know how many people lived healthier, longer lives from
exposure to small amount of toxins.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hormesis

Uh-huh. You're into homeopathy, right? Talk about your counter intuitive.
So what your saying is that China did us a favor by shipping us melamine
treated gluten and the Bush Administration is doing us another favor by
releasing the tainted chickens, hogs and, fish for consumption (Started
last week. It's a good time to go organic, at least for awhile.). Boy do
you have a hard one to sell. This sounds like a nice discussion to have
over a bucket of margaritas but the bottom line is that if, there was an
evolutionary advantage to ingesting toxins, we would have found it in the
last four and a half billion years. Toxins are toxic. Why don't you start
with something easy, like selling famine. It has been shown that if lab
animals are occasionally starved, they live longer. By the way, can I
freshen up you salmonella?

- Bill

I am not into homeopathy. Just pointing out an alternative view to
'toxicity'.
Carl

That's nice, but for much of the crap we're intentionally exposed to for
profit, nobody knows what the toxic levels really are.