Old 20-05-2007, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,rec.gardens
Pondmeister Pondmeister is offline

Default lining a whiskey barrel

Just be very chosey when you pick out the barrel half. snug up hoops
and fill with water., may leak for a day or two but it will eventually
stop. I have three halfs so far that hold water as good as a liner
does..We put aquatic flowers in them the first year or two as the
smell was a bit hard to try and remove, but now they also hold fish
without a problem.

On Sat, 19 May 2007 17:33:08 -0500, zxcvbob
wrote:

If I buy a half whiskey barrel at HD, Menard's, or Lowe's, will clear 6
mil plastic be good enough for lining it so it will hold water? I
assume it won't hold water without a liner even after the wood swells
up. I want to plant a lotus seedling in it. I'm too cheap to buy a
commercial barrel liner. Thanks.

Bob

-------