Old 19-05-2007, 08:25 PM posted to bionet.plants
[email protected] kathy@nowhere.net is offline

Default Plant ID - scroph family

A friend took this pic around Palo Alto recently and asked me what it was.
I don't know so I told her I'd post it and see if I could find out. It
looks possibly like Pedicularis? Penstemon? It's growing in the yard. I
don't know if it's native to CA or to somewhere else. It looked ordinary
enough I thought maybe someone could ID it without further examination. If
not, I suppose I can get my friend to find it again and supply further
details.

http://www.botsoc.org/mallikaspic.jpg

Thanks.

--