Old 19-05-2007, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default http://mulberrytrees.co.uk/

On Sat, 19 May 2007 Tim Tyler wrote:

Very good. I like it. However you make propagation sound terribly
easy. I've tried propagating from my black mulberry for many years,
cuttings and seed, but have consistently had a 100% failure rate.

[snip advice]

I'm not sure what to suggest. Perhaps try different seed?

Incidentally it seems possible that pinching out
the young male catkins from Morus Nigra specimins
could result in more resources being available
for the fruit. I wonder if this hypothesis is
reasonable, and whether it has been tested.

How big should the seeds be? Mine seem to be smaller than, say, a
blackberry seed.

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK