Old 29-03-2003, 11:44 AM
Malcolm

Default Toads

In article , Pamcel
writes
I know everyone thinks toads and frogs are wonderful in the garden, but I have
a problem with them on my patio and path. I am frightened I will stand on them
when I go out at night. Does anyone know how to discourage them from their
evening conferences? There is a pond in next-door's garden and my path is a
highway for them all summer. Worse, I find them under plants when I weed!

While I acknowledge that some people might find toads off-putting when
weeding, they are only doing their natural thing of sheltering from the
sun. You could, of course, use them as an excuse not to weed!!

I'm surprised you say that your path is a highway for them all summer.
Most of their more obvious movements are this time of year and during
the summer they are much more sedentary.

Finally, do look on the bright side. They eat large numbers of slugs.
Would you rather tread on lots of those when you go out at night.....?

--
Malcolm