Old 20-05-2007, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kroma Kroma is offline

Default sunken grass patch

Hi,

We moved in to our house just over a year ago. Parts of the garden were
overgrown including 2 bushed which had overgrown on to the lawn and killed
it.

I added some soil and grass seed and it grew back nicely.

However, after all the recent rain the patches seem to have sunken by about
half an inch.

Can I just whack some topsoil on top and hope the grass will grow through it
or should I dig it up and put topsoil underneath (then replace the turf of
course)?

Thanks,

Kroma