Old 20-05-2007, 09:09 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Plants that attract wasps and bees

On 20 May 2007 12:55:02 -0700, texas_gardener
wrote:

I'm newly retired and moved into a house where I can garden. I'm
deathly allergic to the stings of wasps and bees, however. Are there
plants I should avoid, such as lilac or honeysuckle? I was thinking
of lining the flowerbeds along the drive with honeysuckle...

Bees like most sweet flowers, so best to avoid those. Wasps like to
build in bushes, under decks, or anyplace where some protection is
provided. Your best bet is to watch where you step and put your
hands.