Old 20-05-2007, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default lining a whiskey barrel

On Sun, 20 May 2007 11:48:19 -0500, "Manelli Family"
wrote:

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
If I buy a half whiskey barrel at HD, Menard's, or Lowe's, will clear 6
mil plastic be good enough for lining it so it will hold water? I assume
it won't hold water without a liner even after the wood swells up. I want
to plant a lotus seedling in it. I'm too cheap to buy a commercial barrel
liner. Thanks.

Bob

Buy a cheap shower curtain liner at WalMart.

Or maybe some store, like maybe Costco, that treats their staff like
human beings, and doesn't throw them on the taxpayers for medical
care. And does not force their suppliers to cut prices so far that
they, in turn, are forced to go offshore, costing more Americans their
jobs.

Frontline -- the best program on TV for my money -- a few months ago
aired a thorough examination of Walmart's ripple effect on our
economy.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/

Persephone

They cost less than $4. Line
barrel and cut of excess. They're heavy enough to last several years, if not
longer.