Old 21-05-2007, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,rec.gardens
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default lining a whiskey barrel

On Sun, 20 May 2007 14:37:02 -0700, Persephone wrote:

Or maybe some store, like maybe Costco, that treats their staff like
human beings, and doesn't throw them on the taxpayers for medical
care. And does not force their suppliers to cut prices so far that
they, in turn, are forced to go offshore, costing more Americans their
jobs.

I assure you Costco buys merchandise from China where they pay 20
cents an hour.

Frontline -- the best program on TV for my money -- a few months ago
aired a thorough examination of Walmart's ripple effect on our
economy.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl.../walmart/view/

Persephone

Netflix, if you belong, has a great documentary called:

Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price

I highly recommend it. Netflix will give a two week free trial to
anyone who wants to try it.