Old 21-05-2007, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,rec.gardens

Default lining a whiskey barrel

"jangchub" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 May 2007 22:14:03 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

The problem is that people believe what you just said is true for
everything. Here (Rochester NY), their groceries are NOT cheaper than at
the
two real supermarkets. True believers have a hard time with this.

Actually, that's the ignorance of the consumer, not the fault of
Walmart prices. People are very lazy and they don't know what the
relative prices for merchandise actually are.

I've gone into Macy's or Dillards at the end of a season and bought
beautiful linen shirts, pants, 400 thread count sheets, etc. all very,
very inexpensively. Probably less than Walmart and twice the quality.
Even Kohl's is a good alternative to Walmart. I shop Walmart because
it's convenient. Nothing I do will ever change anything. All of
America has to rise up to put an end to Walmart and that is not about
to happen any time soon.

Pardon my French, but it's ****ing stupid is what it is. Twice a year, since
Wal Mart came to town, our local newspaper's been sending reporters into WM
and the two real stores with a grocery shopping list. WM has never EVER been
cheaper. The list totals out around $100. WM has never EVER been cheaper.
I've mentioned this to a couple of WM sheep in my family, and they say
"Duh...yeah whatever". To them $109.38 is a lower number than $97.23,
because WM told them so.