Old 29-03-2003, 12:32 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] Identifying Trees in the wild

kevin bailey wrote:

snip

I tried bonsaing from acorn about 15 years ago and still have the tree
that has spent its entire life in a pot. It is a thin sickly specimen in
comparison to the many that I've done by planting them out in the
ground.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Zone 9, Vale of Clwyd, North Wales, UK

If it were me I'd collect. I've collected some red oak around here. I found one
in a semi-boggy area that should be very nice after it recovers for a year in the
ground. I understand the appeal of growing from seed, though, although I don't
think I'd live long enough to see the project through!

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++