Old 20-05-2007, 09:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default goats

Our problem is not billy goats - the horse took care of our billy..........
once upon a time we had 15 goats. they all stayed in place then. when the
older goats died off - the younger ones started getting out. the billy
still kept them in place so to speak. but then, he challenged the horse.
the horse won. so now the remaining three nanny goats do whatever they
please. and nothing seems to deter them from the garden. nothing other
than killing or selling them anyways. very determined goats........will
probably be up for sell soon. hear the goat sale is pulling pretty good
prices.

thanks,
rae

"Jan Flora" wrote in message
In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article ,
"Rachael Simpson" wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks for all the advise and the laughs. Due to money restrictions, i
think
we are going to try tethering them - might have to tie them to a cement
block
though!

Rachael Simpson

Tire with rims work for a lot of people.

Tethering goats? I've seen some success tethering them to old
pickup trucks with the tires and rims removed. But with billy
goats, even that is iffy.

Oh, don't use rope to tether them. They'll eat it. Use a chain
and watch out that they don't get their little feet/legs boogered
up in it. (Ask a goat person how to properly tether a goat. I'm
a cow/horse/chicken/dog/cat person.)

Goats are *very* cool animals, but...

Jan

--
Bedouin proverb: If you have no troubles, buy a goat.