Old 20-05-2007, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default Moles

On May 20, 8:15 pm, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:
I've tried everything down the holes from traps to bleach to poisoned worms
to hosepipe attached to the exhaust of the car to cooking oil to petrol etc,
and all they do is make the mole close it's tunnel and open another
elsewhere - which may be on your neighbours garden or the middle of your new
lawn!

I've given up fighting them (my lawn is nearly an acre) and will never look
like a bowling green.

However, I've heard other people rave about this lethal looking thing:

A "mole trap plunger" - Look on Google for that phrase if the link below
doesn't work.

http://www.northerntooluk.com/produc...7E&cm_ven=Perf...

Ironically I've found a good use for the moles now - I use the fine soil of
the mole hills for potting on plants, it's nice and fine and relatively free
of weed seeds. So now I'm not too disappointed when I see yet more hills on
the lawns. Not such a bonus if your lawn is fresh laid though!

David.

Hello David,

Do you remember Jane Ransom, she was a mole exterminator
extraordinairre! I took all her advice, I even used my Louis Vuitton
handbag and thumped the heaving mole hills but I didn't have the knack
and like you came to accept the mole but I haven't seen him now for
two years. Maybe the bleach did the trick.

Judith