Old 20-05-2007, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim Tyler Tim Tyler is offline

Default http://mulberrytrees.co.uk/

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

If you go to Google Scholar you find that mulberries can be male,
female, monoecious or synoecious (hermaphrodite). I didn't find any
relevant papers accessible to non-subscribers, but bits of the
sericultural literature say that it is usually dioecious. Elsewhere it
is said that mulberries can change sex from year to year.

Most mulberries are not Morus Nigra.

Morus alba and Morus rubra are usually dioecious -
but we are talking about Morus Nigra here.
--