Old 29-03-2003, 12:44 PM
Luis Fontanills

Default [IBC] Lime Sulphur

In a message dated 3/28/2003 8:31:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Billy:
I always put it on dry. I found that if you wet the area and are not
real careful, there is a danger of the lime sulphur spreading to live bark.

Carl L. Rosner

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:

Should a Buttonwood jin be wet or dry prior to the application of Lime
sulfur?

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

Billy,
Carl is correct. I put it on dry otherwise it will bleed all over the live
bark.

After application, when it has absorbed you can take a spray bottle and
lightly moisten the applied areas. Do this every few hours to get it to
penetrate even deeper. Reapply the next day if required.

Luis Fontanills
Miami, Florida USA

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --