Old 21-05-2007, 12:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jan Flora Jan Flora is offline

Default Plants that attract wasps and bees

In article .com,
texas_gardener wrote:

I'm newly retired and moved into a house where I can garden. I'm
deathly allergic to the stings of wasps and bees, however. Are there
plants I should avoid, such as lilac or honeysuckle? I was thinking
of lining the flowerbeds along the drive with honeysuckle...

Honeysuckle is out. They're bee magnets.

Ask your doc to prescribe an Epi-Pen for you. If you get stung,
you can poke yourself in the thigh with epi and still be alive
when the ambulance gets there. (Or still be alive to be able to
phone 911 and get the ambulance on the way.)

I always keep one handy, after enjoying an anaphylaxis episode
a few years back.

Good luck,

Jan

--
Bedouin proverb: If you have no troubles, buy a goat.