Old 21-05-2007, 12:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
John Bachman John Bachman is offline

Default roundup in the yard and garden

On Sun, 20 May 2007 14:29:33 -0700, Persephone wrote:

On Sun, 20 May 2007 16:38:59 -0400, John Bachman
wrote:

[...]

I am now in year two of a three year plan to move to garlic as the
cash crop. It is less labor intensive than some other crops
(raspberries was my start) and there are few growers here (New
Hampshire). So far it is looking pretty good.

[...]

Well, I sure hope you can undercut the Chinese g

I could not BELIEVE my eyes, the last few times I bought
garlic at the supermarket -- imported from CHINA??!!!
Is that insane, or what?

Yes, it is true. Most supermarket garlic is imported from China
impacting the California garlic growers.

No, I will not undercut them. But I will produce a better product.

I think that this is another niche that small time farmers can fill
but people have to get in the habit of buying from farmers markets.

John

John