Old 21-05-2007, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default http://mulberrytrees.co.uk/

In article , K
writes
Interesting site. I think you're a bit misleading on dormancy for those
of us in N England - mine is just breaking leaf mid way through May. It
wouldn't do for me to start panicking at the beginning of May!

Afraid I'd be no good, I chopped mine down to stump size a few years
back as it kept breaking branches in a wind and had such tiny fruit it
wasn't worth bothering. It also grows roots across the lawn and under
the greenhouse, very close to the surface and it now produces masses of
6 - 7 foot lengths of growth throughout the summer which I take off in
the winter. Not a tree I'd ever plant again. The fruit dropped and
stained everywhere and the butterflies used t get drunk on the mix of
the fruit and the water on the lid of the rain barrel!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph