Old 21-05-2007, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default http://mulberrytrees.co.uk/

In article , Tim Tyler
writes

Someone on:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=43364

...recommends drilling holes into the stump - to allow
herbicides to penetrate.

More regular pruning might also help. Getting leaves out
is likely to help the plant to survive. Best would be
to keep it at the bud stage.

Er well you misunderstand me, I don't mind the stump or the growth now
as my brother says , in winter it looks like an elephant has fallen from
the sky upside down with four five foot trunks and one main stem that
looks like a seat. I allow the four stems to grow every year as it makes
a unique seat this also seems to keep the growth of the roots under my
lawn from getting nay bigger.
Afraid 'him-indoors' likes it now!
--
Janet Tweedy