Old 21-05-2007, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default JUDITH , PLEASE READ THIS

On 21/5/07 13:28, in article ,
"Geoff" wrote:

I wonder if the bluetits visit a peanut dispenser? If they do, I expect the
nest box smells of peanuts. I suppose there's a possibility that the
woodpecker can smell peanuts in the box and is trying to get to them.

Perfumed spray might deter it!!!

Geoff

"Although feeding their own young largely on insects and spiders, great
spotted woodpeckers are notorious for taking the eggs and young of other
hole-nesting birds (especially tits and house martins)."
http://www.birdsofbritain.co.uk/bird...woodpecker.asp

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk