Old 21-05-2007, 04:27 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Viviparous lily baby with flowers still attached

On Sat, 19 May 2007 19:03:13 CST, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

Our pond produced another viviparous lily baby. This time, we found
the flowers still on it. Fertilized flowers produced a baby...sounds
about right doesn't it?

Yes, but I didn't think that was viviparous... and I didn't think hardies
do viviparous. But, looking it up the word viviparous: producing seeds that
germinate on the plant. So I guess so. :-)

The previous baby gradually sank to the bottom of the pond (as do old
flowers). Makes sense as well. Produce a baby, start the roots,
lower it to the bottom to take hold.

Here is the pic location:

http://groups.google.com/group/The-F...318c6c3fe28bef

Very cool Jim! ~ jan