Old 21-05-2007, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim Jackson Jim Jackson is offline

Default everlasting onions

sally H wrote:
I've just transplanted some perennial onions into my new veggie bed.
Their tops are quite leggy. Do I need to cut these back a bit just like
leeks?

"perennial onions"????

I grow something called Welsh Onions - they grow in bunches like giant
chives - about 1 to 2cms across. Every couple of years, I lift and split
the bunch, use most and plant a small clump for a new bunch. The tops are
really good picked and chopped into stews/sauces etc.