Old 21-05-2007, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John White John White is offline

Default Moles

Many years ago I worked on a private estate . We had a big mle problem in
one of the larger lawns (nearly an acre) I used an old rotovator with a hose
on the exaust. The engine on the rotovator was just about knakered and
smoked more than I do. I left it running and went about other jobs. When I
returned to the lawn I could clearly see the smoke puffin out of holes all
acroos the lawn. I then took the pipe and poked it into one of the other
holes that did not have smoke puffing out. I kept moving the hose around
untill I had sseen smoke from most parts of the lawn. I saw no more mole
activityion that lawn for the rest of the season. I can't say what happen
the following season as my Boss passed away and I was made redundant. I did
manage to er aquire a few old fashioned tools. The best of which is a spud
dibber made from a lump of oak. I still have it me shed but have never used
it since but it makes a nice keep sake.

JOHN