Old 22-05-2007, 04:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] anthony.greene@gmail.com is offline

Default Onion Disease - Pink Root

Hey everyone,
I don't really have any knowledge of gardening, but am just helping my
grandpa with a problem he's facing right now in his little garden. As
the subject line suggests, he's having a problwm with his onion where
the roots are pink. I've looked up this disease and its actually
called pink root - Pyrenochaeta terrestris. The search results,
however, don't really suggest any practical ways of curing this
disease. My question is, is there a natural (preferred) and/or
chemical solution to this issue?

Thanks in advanced,

Anthony