Old 22-05-2007, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Amusing & irritating gardening progs

Surely I cannot be the only one to be amused and irritated by the
gardening programmes. They are so impracticable to us normal beings.
Recently on gardeners world they were repairing a thyme and camomile
lawn by planting thyme into bare patches that had failed, the box of
plants they were using must have cost more than most of us spend in a
year on gardening. Then they talk of hardening off plants, has everyone
a greenhouse to grow them in, a cold frame to transfer them to then a
sheltered corner? I think not! How is your window box by the way? ;-)
As for Chelsea flower show those fancy structures and sculptures
probably cost more than my house. Anyway I'd much prefer a Rodin in my
garden, probably cheaper as well.