Old 29-03-2003, 02:08 PM
Pam

Default Sick Japanese Maple Tree

Tom C wrote:

Try mixing a little household bleach with water in a spray bottle about two
caps should do it.Might have a fungus or bacteria if so this will kill the
problem if not it want hurt anything I have two maples also. Best regards
Tom C.

Gosh - don't spray ANYTHING on the foliage of a Japanese maple - they are
extremely photosensitive to even foliar fertilizer sprayed on them and it is a
sure way to have them defoliate. Household bleach will have little affect on
the disease organisms you mention and can have a whole lot of affect on the
tree. If buds and leaves are dying on an otherwise healthy tree, it may be
exhibiting symptoms of verticilium wilt and there is nothing you can do for it.
Care for your tree as normal - the test will be when it comes time to leaf out
in the spring. Research verticilium wilt on the net and see if anything
described is the way your tree is acting.

"Andrew Tan" wrote in message
m...
Hi there,

I have 3 maples trees in my garden. 2 of them are getting sick while
the other is growing well. The leaves and fresh bud are drying away
but doesn't seems to be dying coz its been like that for months. Its
summer here in Australia but if it is due to lack of water then all 3
maples should have the same problem. But I only have 2 having that
problem and I water them constantly. Any idea ? Thankx heeps.

Andrew