Old 22-05-2007, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default JUDITH , PLEASE READ THIS

On 22/5/07 17:57, in article
,
" wrote:

On May 21, 11:23 pm, "Des Higgins" wrote:

Holey mother of divine sweet jayzes.
I suppose it is lucky you did not have any Lynx.
The poor things.

That's all very well Des Higgins but I would have resorted to Joy
(Patou I think) if I had to. I feel I am rearing these chicks.

Well, at least it wasn't Bal a Versailles....

I came home from the office this evening and what did I do? Did I run
in and pour myself a glass of wine? Did I set the iicrowave for my
Italian M & S supper, no I didn't. I went round to the back, without
even opening the front door mind, and wonder of wonders, I can hear
little chirping and little nails on the wooden floor of the box, they
are alive so I won't have to bring them in yet to save them.

They'll live to thank you for that! If the parents have returned? Have
they, do you know? Otherwise you're going to have to find some worms etc.,
chew them up a bit and then shove them in through that little hole to your
greedy babies.

Did I tell you that last year, when a little bird was sitting on her
nest, in fierce sunshine, in a bed of geraniums, that I got her a
drink of water in a ramikin and put her beak into it. When I came
back from a weekend away, the bird had flown and all I could see were
shell particles, she was sitting on 6 eggs, and one dead baby bird.

How long from hatching to flying off does it take as I can't be doing
with all this stress at my age and getting up at 5a.m. to shoo the
long pecker off.

Judith

Freudian slip alert. ;-))