Old 22-05-2007, 06:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
pe.rhodes pe.rhodes is offline

Default Spring flowers

While I can tolerate "Evergreen Huckleberry", I am afraid that "California
Huckleberry" offends me, being born here in Washington, and attending UW.
Every time I hear "California" the hair stands up on the back of my neck...
Whilst "European...." doesn't have that effect

"Garrapata" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 May 2007 19:22:42 -0700, "pe.rhodes"
wrote:

ditto, although that's a bramble in the middle of it.

"pe.rhodes" wrote in message
This one is a European Huckleberry, and it grows wild around here, even
on
the beach dunes in sand.

I thought maybe Geranium robertianum, hard to tell from the picture
though.
Also - why do you think the Huckleberry is introduced, the picture looks
like the native Vaccinium ovatum, and I believe you have some other
species up there
--

09=ix