Old 22-05-2007, 03:47 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default How old is your oldest fish?

I am not sure what you mean by "normal pond", but if you have lakes
with fish, then you can have a pond with fish outside. we had a person
in the group from some Scandinavian country and their solution is to
wait until the ice freezes and then they draw down the water leaving
an insulating air gap. the water doesnt freeze.

another person in Canada had an indoor pond. this is actually
something I am planning if my outside setup does not satisfy pond
needs. Ingrid

On Mon, 21 May 2007 09:02:11 CST, wrote:
Any normal garden pond would freeze to the bottom, and fish would need
to come in for the winter. A greenhouse (pond house?) would certainly
work, but instead I have a handful of aquariums. I still look at the
"Laguna" pond kits in the store, and imagine setting up a small pond
for plants and my zebra danios and platies - we'll see. The kits are
sold in my town, and relatives in warmer parts of Canada certainly
have kept goldfish ponds.
d.