Old 22-05-2007, 08:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default Create Beautiful Hypertufa Garden Art Objects

On Tue, 22 May 2007 13:08:10 -0400, Ann wrote:

jangchub expounded:

I didn't follow this thread, but wanted to add that making large orbs
for the garden using chicken wire scrunched up in a ball and the
hypertufa mix make very beautiful ornaments. I've seen these sold for
hundreds of dollars and you can make them for about ten dollars.

Ooh, sounds neat - got any pix? I don't think I've ever seen one.

Now you're going to make me make some, aren't you! Actually, they go
away fast because if someone says, Oh I love that, I give it to them.
They are really beautiful. After they cure and the cement floats up
and off you can put some moss in the blender with yogurt and paint
them with that slosh and it will grow moss on them in semi-shade with
a lot of moisture.

Another way to make them, but they'll be much heavier is to buy some
bowling balls at Salvation Army and add the hypertufa to it in layers.
Many things can be done using the hypertufa. After the company leaves
next week I'll see if I'm up to making one. I had the arthro last
week and I am still in intense pain. Does it ever let up?