Old 22-05-2007, 09:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill Rose Bill Rose is offline

Default Someone do a rain dance, please

In article ,
FragileWarrior wrote:

Bill Rose wrote in news:rosefam-749062.08273522052007
@cor8-ppp5025.per.dsl.connect.net.au:

In article ,
FragileWarrior wrote:

The ground is so hard I have to use a
pickaxe to transplant stuff.

Frag, you are mulching aren't you?
- Bill

Nope. I'm afraid of smothering the seedlings. There is some mulch from
last year but I was waiting for a little more height on the new plants to
mulch this year.

I meant during the Winter and early Spring. I probably don't need to
tell you, that mulch holds in the moisture and encourages the worms to
do your tilling, leaving your soil all soft and fluffy (sort of). I'm
learning this all too slowly but, it even slowed down my previously
raging gastropods (painful they were too). Take care of your mulch and
your mulch will take care of you;-)

- Bill