Old 23-05-2007, 01:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default Any ideas on screening out my messy neighbor?

To be perfectly honest, with the amount of space you have, a picket
fence would be your best bet. If that is too expensive for you, the
box stores sell bamboo screens and those cost about 20 dollars for 16
feet, 6 feet tall. You'd still need to put in stakes.

You can call around for pricing on putting in a fence for the length
of the heaps of crap. It may not be as expensive as you think and
you'll gain privacy and peace of mind.

On 22 May 2007 16:49:17 -0700, Pokey wrote:

Put on your thinking caps and review the pic below.

http://tinyurl.com/2her7v

How do you like the view from my dining room?

I asked my neighbor to clean up his mess. He said he would. That was
two years ago.

I called code compliance once. That made him mad. Hate to go thru
that again.

I hung a neighborhood clean up reminder on his door. He must have
overlooked it.

I don't have a truck to haul it away. Hate to pay someone every month
to come around again.

Only things left are murder and landscaping.

Any thoughts on some type of screen to block this off? A trellis with
some type of evergreen that would grow thick and fast and last thru
the winter?

It's limited space, about five feet, so I think a typical holly would
be way too big.

Zone 7, full sun.

Pokey.