Old 23-05-2007, 03:52 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
micr0 micr0 is offline

Default What's a good new rider for a limited budget?

J.A. Michel wrote:

"gorehound" wrote in message
Basically what the subject says. I have a 20 year old Lawn Chief that
now is breaking down every time I mow. I have up to two thousand (but
wouldn't mind spending less) to spend on a mower and a little less
than an acre of grass. What brand of mower would be recommended in my
situation? I was offered a "deal" on a Sabre (by John Deere), but my
wife doesn't want to buy used. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Shane

I have a 42" 17HP Poulan Lawn tractor, and got it for $999.00. Been
using it 4 seasons now with no problems at all. In fact, I just added a
bagger to it for this season. I realize that the JD fans would say it's
a piece of crap, but it does what I need it to do.

i've had one for about 10 years now. great value and service/