Old 23-05-2007, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Coverage of Chelsea

In article , Sacha
writes
What did everyone think of last night's tv programme? As always, we became
very irritated with the number of plants whose name didn't appear onscreen,
though that improved when Carol Klein was in the marquee. But why oh why do
they, every year, take us away from Chelsea and off to other locations?
Chelsea is Chelsea.

The off-Chelsea interviewer irritates me, he seems to be there just for
'media' interest' and always has a rather silly inane script, asking
damn fool questions and being seen to do 'media' things which they
probably think interest 'average' viewers.
Get a gardener to visit these nurseries etc,

I think he's an excellent presenter but I did not welcome
the mercifully brief appearance of Diarmuid Gavin. I don't like his style,

I don't like anything about him! He seems to be an inverted gardening
snob, pushing hard landscaping against real flowers any day Fair do's if
people want an outside room but this is the RHS and a plant show for
God's sake................ bet his garden is perfectly normal. I take it
he didn't win any major prizes...........
Perhaps we could have some gardening presenters who actually like
flowers and trees etc.

I don't think he's a gardener and I find him incomprehensible.

Quite!

We thought the Chinese garden was really beautiful. We loved that mossy
wall effect, though I've just read the feng shui is 'bad' - can't say I
really understand all that!

I loved the Perrier garden from what I saw on television but most shots
were irritating close-ups but not the entire garden!
If the gardens had to be entirely recyclable after the event then what
on earth is going to happen to those monstrous stone edifices all over
the place? used for ballast in some new by-pass?

Do not like Mars - surely Chelsea is about the quality of the plants not
the dreaded 'designer ' stuff. I t was telling that the entire judging
panel was made up of Designers rather than horticulturalists and
similar.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph