Old 23-05-2007, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rhiannon S Rhiannon S is offline

Default Rose Question

Hi there.

I know I'm only an occasional poster here, but I was wondering if I could
ask a question about a specific type of rose? Or rather finding one.

I remember seeing, a couple of years ago, a rather fabulous and odd looking
shrub rose in a garden catalogue. It had a really dark red edge to the
petals, which seemed to almost bleed into the white which was the main
flower colour. Unfortunately I didn't have the funds or space to buy it at
the time, and although I do now I can't seem to find it anywhere.

All I can remember is the picture of the flower and the name was something
like Isis or Osiris. Google has not been my friend over this though, only
turning up a rose called "belle isis" which, although very pretty is not
what I was looking for. I'm therefore appealing to the massed knowledge of
the URG memebers to see if anyone can help?

Help me Obi-wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

Thanks in advance.

--
Rhiannon_s
Due to it's large carbon footprint the light at the end of the tunnel has