Old 23-05-2007, 09:04 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Pond fun

On Tue, 22 May 2007 08:48:09 CST, Galen Hekhuis
wrote:

Yes gators. I had one in the back pond a couple summers ago. I was
out bush hogging on a tractor when I saw the tail of one sticking out
of the weeds by the back pond. Took me most of the day to screw up
enough courage to go back there again. It was still there. After a
few more hours I got brave enough to poke it with a long stick. It
didn't move. So after a few more pokes it dawned on me that the gator
was quite dead.

Why was it dead? Any idea? (Hoping your herons aren't big enough to drop
one on your door step like they sometimes do fish.) ~ jan ;-)
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us