Old 23-05-2007, 11:09 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Sean[_3_] Sean[_3_] is offline

Default Bob poses

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Galen Hekhuis wrote:

I have no idea what happened to the
southern black racer, honest (the big snake probably ate it, snakes do
that). The big snake even has that angular head shape so common to
venomous snakes. But it isn't a cottonmouth (water moccasin). It is
a Florida water snake, non-venomous (I won't say "harmless 'cause they
bite -- hard) and almost identical to the venomous cottonmouth. One
can tell the difference by the round eye pupils

Do people (one might even suggest "nuts") intentionally get close enough
Cottonmouths to note the shape of their pupils?
--
derek
- Unless otherwise noted, I speak for myself, not rec.ponds.moderated

Snakes are cool.

Living in the UK we don't have much to choose from ... the venomous Adder
which you don't see much of and the non-venomous Grass Snake ... and that's
about it ... apart from a few escaped pets, I'm sure.