Old 23-05-2007, 02:45 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Pond fun

On Tue, 22 May 2007 08:48:09 CST, Galen Hekhuis
wrote:

Yes gators.

I have to tell you about a guy I knew several years ago with a small
(little over an acre) lake on his property in Middle Georgia. He was
fishing one morning and noticed a gator climb out on the bank into
the sun not too far away. The fish on his line was a bit small, so he
tossed it over toward the gator, who grabbed it. This happened
several times and he realized the gator was taking his not too distant
position every time the fisherman went fishing. He, of course had
second thoughts about the gator's friendliness, as to how long it
would last and when the gator would get big enough to be more of a
threat, but one day some fence jumpers came to the back side of his
property and set up chairs and put lines into the water, before one of
them noticed the gator, then they all left immediately leaving fishing
gear and chairs behind. The last I heard he still has the gator and
it is getting bigger.

Regards,

Hal