Old 23-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Lola Lola is offline
Registered User

Post Beginner gardener

Hello all

I'm new to gardening and am starting out with a low maintenance garden. I've cleared the garden but the previous gravel is all over the soil. I want to lay down a sheet to stop weeds and put a mulch on top and plant some plants through the sheet.

Do I have to remove all the gravel from the soil first or could I just lay the sheet over? Also, I would like to use some slate chips, can I put slate chips over the sheet or do I need to put something like bark down first.

I know these aren't very difficult questions but I really don't have a clue, so if anyone could help me, I'd very much appreciate that.

Thanks...