Old 23-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Carol Hughes Carol Hughes is offline
Registered User

[quote=brightace;524484]Can anyone please advise?

I have an infestion of what looks like Green Shield Bugs on my phygelius. This is the third summer on the run that they have devastated the blooms. They too leave an "engine oil" type substance on the leaves and buds, and also I notice tiny little black and white bugs (which actually look like bird droppings). I think these may be an instar, or stage, of the shield bugs lifecycle. They are pests. I have so far picked off four adult bugs and innumerable black and white ones.