Old 23-05-2007, 04:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
CptDondo CptDondo is offline

Default Any ideas on screening out my messy neighbor?

Pokey wrote:

Any thoughts on some type of screen to block this off? A trellis with
some type of evergreen that would grow thick and fast and last thru
the winter?

It's limited space, about five feet, so I think a typical holly would
be way too big.

Stick some posts in the ground, nail some galvanized mesh to it, and
plant confederate jasmin. Water the jasmin and stand back. In a couple
of years that stuff will be so intertwined with his junk HE won't be
able to find it.

(I made the mistake of planting that stuff near my old house. It damn
near peeled the vinyl siding off. Looks pretty, smells great, but damn
is it agressive.)