Old 29-03-2003, 02:56 PM
Steve J. Noll

Default Pest control with a pond

One is "Dipel". But it is effective only on leaf-eating caterpillars.
It is a bacterial biological control similar to "mosquito dunks" which
kills mosquito and certain fly larvae. I use both in the pond due to
a severe caterpillar attack on my water lilies that occured last year.
Dipel is sold at garden centers as the brand "Safer Caterpillar
Killer", but again, is effective only on caterpillars.

On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 00:56:19 -0600, "EJ"
wrote:

I have heard of an insecticide that would not harm fish. Does anyone know
what is safe to use around/in a pond?

I have an unknown type of bug that showed up late last year and is not back
with a vengeance. They are little blackish bugs that don't really seem to be
eating anything but they are everywhere. Please help!!!

Steve J. Noll | Ventura California (zone 10)