Old 23-05-2007, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default sunken grass patch

Putting topsoil on it is not a great idea, unless you add some grass
seed to the mix. I'd get a bag of silver sand, and some compost, mix
that up, add some seed, then distribute it over the depression, then run
a roller over it.
It is also possible to peel back a sod, and put a bit of soil
undernetah, but that is too much hard work for a dip of half an inch.
Alan.

Putting soil on top Alan, does work as long as you rake over the grass
afterwards so that you can see the tips.

I am half way through levelling a couple of dips in one of our lawns by this
very method. Every time I have some spare sand/soil/compost I rake it into
the dips. A couple more sessions and I shall have a flat (ish) lawn.

Mike