Old 23-05-2007, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Space[_2_] Space[_2_] is offline

Default Acer Flamingo

I bought this plant a couple of years ago, and for the first year it didn't
do so well. I left it in the pot I bought it in, watered it and hoped for
the best. II now has some small leaves and it looks like it could, with the
right care, be quite promising.

However...... because of it's sorry state I tried to give it some structure
and secured the leader between two canes to try to get some strength in it.

Was this the right thing to do?

Anyway, the leader is going quite tall in the time that I have had it but
the leaves are quite small....and basically it lacks the general appeal of
many acers.

Question: Can I cut the leader now? The plant is in a cool/shady position
for nearly all of the day.