Old 23-05-2007, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default sunken grass patch

I am half way through levelling a couple of dips in one of our lawns by
this very method. Every time I have some spare sand/soil/compost I rake
it into the dips. A couple more sessions and I shall have a flat (ish)
lawn.

Mike

There are so many sunken patches in my lawn, I'm not sure whether it would
just be easier to flatten the peaks. :-)

At our last house the very large (over half an acre) rear lawn was so lumpy
and bumpy the 42 inch cutter I used kept scalping bits. I borrowed a great
big vibrating road roller from a roadwork's gang who wanted somewhere safe
to store it over the weekend. It probably over compacted the soil but I had
a nice smooth lawn after a weekend running that up and down. Never really
noticed any growth problems afterwards.

Mike