Old 23-05-2007, 10:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default goats

In article
,
Bill Rose wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

Knowing goats, they'd eat soft hobbles... ;-)

OK. No more mister nice guy.
How about the fenceless dog collars? I hope your herd isn't too large. I
believe a wire is buried in the ground and if the collar wearer gets too
close to the charged wire, they get a jolt from the collar. If it is
adjustable, crank it up. If the sensitivity is adjustable, same thing.
Then we aren't just talking a stinking wire but an exclusion zone that
they won't be able to be in. If you set the charge too high, maybe Joan
Flora (?) in Alaska will have a recipe:-(

It may be too pricey but it may be worth looking into.

- Bill

lol I wasn't the OP, but that is a concept I'd not thought of.

I've personally no experience as to how goats would react to zap collars.

Those fenceless electric perimeters are really not all that expensive
iirc.

Tethering my goats to rim/tires worked for us, using a regular dog
collar. :-)

YMMV.
--
Peace, Om