Old 23-05-2007, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Moles

On Tue, 22 May 2007 Geoff wrote:
Speaking to somebody recently and he said he went out in the early morning
and when he saw a mole hill slowly growing he crept over to it and waited
for more movement. A blast from his 12 bore put paid to the mole!

He also told me that if a mole bumps its nose onto a thorn, it will die. I
suppose an infection sets in.

No, it dies of shock because of the sensitivity of its nose. My French
neighbour used to kill them by bashing them on the nose with his spade.

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK