Old 24-05-2007, 01:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Create Beautiful Hypertufa Garden Art Objects

On 5/24/07 6:56 AM, in article ,
"FragileWarrior" wrote:

Cheryl Isaak wrote in
:

On 5/24/07 12:09 AM, in article
,
"Bill Rose" wrote:

In article ,
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

On 5/23/07 6:12 PM, in article
, "FragileWarrior"
wrote:

Ann wrote in
:

FragileWarrior expounded:

It's the wrong time of year now but as winter rolls around, check
out the snowball makers at Walmart and similar stores. They make
them up to 10" or 12" size. PERFECT for orbs. The guy who is
teaching our class uses them.

Have you got a picture of this orb? Of the orb, not the teacher!
;-

No, I don't. It's like the mirror ones only made of hypertufa.
He's got a really cool technique for them. All in all, though, I'd
rather have a pic of the teacher?

Ooooh - tell us more. The technique sounds good. Is the teacher
better?

LOL

Ladies! REALLY.

- Bill

(Batting eyelashes)
What Bill?

And to get back to topic, I realized some of the sandcastle making
forms would be great for hypertufa!

Cheryl

Beside the sphere mold, this cute guy (I really must look up his name)
had a pyramid mold, too. That was rather cool, too. I was hard pressed
to say which one I like better and I collect spheres. He also came up
with an easier way to make bowls. I hope he's going to write an article
on it someday. When I go to the seminar, I'm taking my broken lampworked
beads to press into the outside of the form. I have a LOT of those. It
should be interesting. I'm really glad that the MGs put together this
seminar!

LAMP WORK BEADS - cool. I'd be willing to arrange a trade for a supply of
those.

Cheryl