Old 24-05-2007, 01:51 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Repairing a lawn

On May 24, 5:44 am, Tim wrote:
The garden had been left to its own devices for a year and a half.
The lawn has become smothered with dandlions, really big ones, and
even doc leaves. We cut the lawn which has left big stems of
dandelions, i thought it best to try and take these out by the root
one by one. At the end of the lawn there are large bare patches with
no grass which i want to reseed. How would i go about this?
thanks for sharing!
tim

You don't tell us where you are located, which obviously makes a big
difference. Go after the weeds with spot treatment with a tank
sprayer using a herbicide suitable for turf. If you're in late
Spring already, I would wait till early Fall to reseed any large areas.